Addressing sustainablity challenges to create a great place to live and work.
Our cities are transitioning using technology and sensors to collect data.
Local governments are leveraging Telecommunications and Low Power Wide Area (LPWAN) wireless technologies, LTE CAT M, NB-IoT, LoRA, and Bluetooth to connect and improve infrastructure, efficiency, convenience, and quality of life for residents and visitors alike.
Insights from the data are used to maange, assets, resources and services to improve our utiliisation of our cities, regions and communities.
Analysis is used to manage:
Traffic & Transport
To connect our communities we integrate technology and physical devices to the IoT network to optimise services and to connect to communities and citizens.
Smart city technology allows Local Government officials to interact directly with both community and city infrastructure and to monitor what is happening in the local area and how each city or town is evolving. ICT is used to enhance quality, performance and interactivity of urban services, and increase contact between citizens and government.
Individuals engage with the smart ecosystems in various ways using smartphones and mobile devices and connected cars and homes. Pairing devices and data with a Local Government physical infrastructure and services can cut costs and improve sustainability.
- Connected traffic lights receive data from sensors and cars adjusting light cadence and timing to respond to real-time traffic, reducing road congestion.
- Connected cars can communicate with parking meters and electric vehicle (EV)charging docks and direct drivers to the nearest available spot.
- Smart garbage cans automatically send data to waste management companies and schedule pick-up as needed versus on a pre-planned schedule.
- Citizens’ smartphone becomes their mobile driver’s license and ID card with digital credentials, which speeds and simplifies access to the city and local government services.
- High-power embedded LEDs alert commuters about traffic issues, provide severe weather warnings, and provide heads up when environmental like fires arise.
- Streetlights can also detect free parking spaces and EV charging docks and alert drivers where to find an open spot via a mobile app. Charging might even be able from the lamppost itself in some locations!